A heater is an indispensable appliance at home in the winter season. It will keep your home comfortably warm…
…but when looking for a good heater, also make sure it comes with humidifying features.
With a heater and humidifier combo, you can have the best air quality in your home. Your house will be nice and toasty without any of that throat-scratchingly dry winter air.
This article will show you how and where to find the best heater humidifier combo – but if you’re in a hurry, just take a look at our #1 recommended Dr. Infrared Heater DR998 Advanced Dual Heating System. This combo is great for larger spaces and efficiently heats up with its infrared heating system.
In This Guide
- Best Heater Humidifier Combo Reviews
- Why Your Heater and Humidifier Should Work Together
- Which One Should You Get?
- Tips in Buying the Best Heater Humidifier Combo
- 1. Go for those with the most efficient heating systems.
- 2. Make sure it comes with a reliable built-in humidifier.
- 3. The heating function should have a good thermostat range.
- 4. Separate operating functions.
- 5. Look for those with a lot of safety features.
- 6. Make sure it has a big enough capacity to work for the space you have.
- What to Do Next?
Best Heater Humidifier Combo Reviews
|1. Dr. Infrared Heater DR998 Advanced Dual Heating System|
Great for Bigger Spaces
|2. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater with Humidifier|
Dual Heating System
|3. GreenTech Environmental pureHeat 3-in-1 Energy Efficient Heater, Air Purifier and Humidifier in One|
Safest Heating Technology
|4. LifeSmart Multifunction Heater, Humidifier, Air Cooler S4|
Long Life But Relatively Small Water Tank
1. Dr. Infrared Heater DR998 Advanced Dual Heating System – Editor’s Choice
Make even a large room comfortably warm with this space heater that has a dual heating system. It makes use of Infrared Quartz Tube and PTC heating systems. It is safe to use with its tip-over and reliable overheat protection system. It has a heating range of 50-86 degrees and can heat up or humidify up to 1,000 square feet of space.
The humidifying system is built-in but it doesn’t come with a water tank. It does have a slot for a water bottle. It also features an oscillating function that allows it to distribute the heat faster in the entire room.
- This is capable of heating up and humidifying a big room.
- The infrared heating system effectively heats up a room faster than other types of heaters. The transfer of heat is more ideal.
- It is built to last for a long time and has a lifespan of 80,000 hours of operation.
- There is no tank in the humidifier, only a slot for a water bottle. That means you don’t need to clean a water tank.
- It comes with a 3-year warranty.
- It is portable. There are casters that make this easier to transfer from one room to another.
- This is very safe for children and pet. It has a tip-over and overheating protection systems.
- The lights from the heater and the humidifier can get annoying at night.
2. Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater with Humidifier
Here is another ideal space heater with humidifier from Dr. Infrared. It is more affordable, and it features a heating temperature range of 50 to 85 degrees. It makes use of two heating technologies and has tip-over protection and overheat protection system. The exterior is made from galvanized steel, so you can be assured that it will last for a long time. It also has a 12-hour automatic shut-off function.
- You can get maximum heating function from this heater humidifier combo.
- It is more affordable than others.
- It has a nice and stable design.
- This appliance is equipped with tip over and overheating protection system.
- There are no tanks to fill or to clean with this unit as it makes use of a water bottle.
- This unit works quietly.
- A lot of people liked how well the humidifier works. They said their rooms felt less stuffy in the winter because of this.
- No oscillating function. You might still need to use a fan to distribute air effectively.
3. GreenTech Environmental pureHeat 3-in-1 Energy Efficient Heater, Air Purifier and Humidifier in One
Heat up your room without the dangers of hot surfaces. This heater and humidifier combo have grilles that remain cool to the touch. It also boasts of a tip-over protection system and an automatic overheat protection system. The built-in humidifier ensures that it adds more moisture into the air to alleviate dryness and stuffiness. Aside from that, it also has an effective air purification technology that works in getting rid of harmful microorganisms that cause illnesses. The LCD display is easy to use, and it also comes with a remote control.
- Can heat, humidify and purify the air.
- It makes use of PTC heating technology. This allows the unit to heat up your home effectively but without consuming too much power.
- The air purification technology effectively eliminates harmful microorganisms.
- The humidifier works in spreading more mist and moisture in the air.
- The LCD display is easy to use and read.
- The remote control makes it easier to change the settings.
- It has an automatic timer.
- It comes with a 3-year limited warranty and a lifetime warranty on its heating element.
- This is a bit more expensive than other heater humidifier combos out there.
4. LifeSmart Multifunction Heater, Humidifier, Air Cooler S4
This unit will be an all-around and all-season appliance you can rely on in your home. It is a cooler, humidifier, infrared heater and a high-velocity fan all in one device. The humidifier works with its high-velocity airflow in order to effectively humidify a room. You can use one gallon of water to have a humidifying run time of up to 10 hours. The humidifying system also features a low water indicator to let you know when it is time to refill the unit. It also has an effective infrared heating system that features two heat settings. Heat is distributed evenly all the time through these heat settings.
- All-in-one machine. You can save a lot of money by opting for this one device rather than getting multiple devices.
- The humidifying function has a long run time. One gallon of water can produce mist by as long as 10 hours.
- The high-velocity fan is powerful and can help in the distribution of mist.
- Heat is distributed evenly.
- It has a one-year parts warranty.
- Some might think the water tank is not big enough.
Why Your Heater and Humidifier Should Work Together
In the winter season, the air can get dryer. The lower the temperature, the lower the vapor that is found in the air. You can expect that with below zero temperatures comes dry air conditions.
The problem significantly worsens when you use your heater. When you heat up the air, the capacity for water vapor increases, which then exacerbates the lack of water vapor in the air.
Dry air is something you need to worry about in the winter season for a myriad of reasons. Here are some of the important ones:
1. It can increase the likelihood of static.
Electricity static is a common occurrence in the winter and a side effect of dry air conditions. When the air is dryer, it typically causes a negative reaction in the electrical system of your home. If you find yourself getting these mini electrical shocks whenever you touch appliances or metal surfaces, it is highly likely that your home has dryer air conditions.
2. It makes the skin and hair dryer.
The lack of moisture and humidity in the air can cause the skin to become dry. You might notice your skin getting flaky and rough. No amount of moisturizer might alleviate that problem. Moisturizing products can only do so much in hydrating the skin but if you have dry air, to begin with, it can make the skin rough.
That can happen to the hair as well. The lack of moisture in the air can also lead to rough and frizzy hair.
3. It can exacerbate the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis.
When the skin is dry due to the excess dryness in the air, it can lead to the prevalence of conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. These chronic skin conditions tend to worsen when the skin is parched.
4. It causes itchy throat, dry eyes and irritated nose.
Many people also suffer from allergic reactions. Irritated nose, dry and itchy throat and eyes are just some of the effects of dry air conditions.
5. It can worsen the symptoms of asthma and chronic sinusitis.
Asthma attacks can also become more frequent in the winter season. People who have this condition might find themselves dealing with difficulties in breathing more often.
One way to combat these problems is through the help of a humidifier. You can always get a separate humidifier but if you want a more cost-effective way, go for the heater humidifier combos out there.
Which One Should You Get?
Great for Bigger Spaces: Dr. Infrared Heater DR998 Advanced Dual Heating System. This has a heating capability that can supplement the heating system you already have at home. Its humidifying properties are also great. If you have a bigger space to heat up or humidify, you might find this a more ideal choice.
Has a Good Heating Capacity: Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater with Humidifier. This heater and humidifier combo will not fail you in the winter season. It has a good heating capacity and works even in bigger spaces. A lot of people also commented on how well its humidifying functions are.
Great Quality: GreenTech Environmental pureHeat 3-in-1 Energy Efficient Heater, Air Purifier and Humidifier in One. This one boasts of quality parts. Everything feels sturdy and well-built. The heating element is also durable and seems to work well even in bigger spaces.
All-Season Machine: LifeSmart Multifunction Heater, Humidifier, Air Cooler S4. This is what you should get if you want something that you can use all year round. It distributes heat evenly and has a good humidifying function aided by its high-velocity air flow function.
Tips in Buying the Best Heater Humidifier Combo
Ensure that you are buying the best heater humidifier combo with the help of the following tips:
1. Go for those with the most efficient heating systems.
Make sure it doesn’t consume too much energy. Check the amperage and find out how much watts it uses. That will let you know if you are using an efficient heating system or not.
2. Make sure it comes with a reliable built-in humidifier.
Find out where the tank is located. How will you add water? Some humidifiers might have their own tanks while others can make use of water bottles. That latter is more convenient as you don’t need to clean a tank. You can also make use of distilled water in order to avoid dispelling white dust into the air.
3. The heating function should have a good thermostat range.
It is important to have a broad range of temperature in order to find the one suitable for the space you have.
4. Separate operating functions.
It is better to choose a heater and humidifier combo that has separate operating functions. If you want to use the humidifier only, that can be done without turning the heater on. If you want to use the heater only, that can also be done. Some heater humidifier combos even have a fan or an air purifying function. If these are all present, make sure they can be operated separately.
5. Look for those with a lot of safety features.
Since you are operating a heating device, it is important that it has a lot of safety features to prevent fire hazards and to avoid getting injured by the appliance. Look for an overheat protection system that automatically shuts down the heater once it detects too much heat. Also look for a tip over protection system that allows the appliance to shut down automatically in case it tips over.
6. Make sure it has a big enough capacity to work for the space you have.
Heater humidifier combos have a specific range for their heating and humidifying properties. If it is too small, it might not with the space you have. Always check its recommendations when it comes to square footage, so you have an idea whether it will work in your space or not.
On top of these, make sure the unit is backed by a warranty. That way, you can get more peace of mind and you can be assured that you have a customer service to turn to in case something goes wrong with it.
What to Do Next?
Here are the heater humidifier combos you should get:
- Dr. Infrared Heater DR998 Advanced Dual Heating System
- Dr. Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater with Humidifier
- GreenTech Environmental pureHeat 3-in-1 Energy Efficient Heater, Air Purifier and Humidifier in One
- LifeSmart Multifunction Heater, Humidifier, Air Cooler S4
Have you decided on which heater humidifier combo is the best for you? Click on the links in our reviews to find current prices, spec sheets, and more info about all our recommendations.
We also have more humidifying options for you! Check out our main buying guide to see the best humidifiers you can buy!