Dry skin condition isn’t just uncomfortable and unsightly. It can speed up skin aging too! When your skin is dry and dehydrated, it just means the inside lacks moisture. This can inevitably damage the inner skin layers and prompt a fast aging process. It can cause aging issues such as fine lines and wrinkles to appear.
Veer away from the usual remedies for dry skin such as moisturizers. They only go so far when it comes to keeping the skin hydrated. What you should do instead is look for the best humidifier that can add more moisture into the air you are breathing as this will also work in delivering more moisture into the skin.
Read until the end of this article to find out which of the humidifiers out there have the ability to alleviate excessive skin dryness. We chose them based on their ability to disperse moisture into the air fast, their compact design, tank capacity and price.
In This Guide
- Best Humidifier for Dry Skin Reviews
Benefits of a Humidifier to the Skin
How exactly does a humidifier benefit our biggest organ – the skin? Many homes, especially during the winter season, suffer from dryness. That dryness can also zap the moisture that is in the skin. It can lead to persistent dryness or even to itchiness. Through a humidifier, you can achieve the right humidity levels in your home, which will, in turn, help your skin through the following ways:
1. It keeps the skin moisturized.
A humidifier works in keeping the skin properly hydrated. It helps the air correct excessive dryness and when that happens, the skin also follows suit as this is the organ exposed to the air the most. Your skin will look soft and supple.
2. It helps treat weather-related skin issues.
Many people suffer from excessive skin dryness in the fall and winter because of the drop in temperature. That is an indication that the air doesn’t have ample moisture in it. A humidifier works in bringing back the right humidity levels. Many humidifiers today have been equipped with a sensor to detect how much moisture in the air and works to achieve the right humidity levels.
3. It minimizes the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis.
If you have eczema or psoriasis and you suffer from symptom such as itchiness, scaly skin, redness, rashes and even lesions, one way to reduce these symptoms is through the use of humidifier for dry skin. By moisturizing your skin, you can start your skin’s healing process. It also helps reduce the likelihood of a flare-up.
4. It can help slow down skin aging.
By keeping the skin hydrated, you will be able the counteract rapid aging cycle that happens when you have dry skin. Your skin can remain young-looking because the skin cells have enough moisture in them.
These are the reasons why you should always have a humidifier around you, whether in your bedroom, in your office or in your living room.
Best Humidifier for Dry Skin Reviews
You should check out these humidifiers that can help treat dry skin:
- VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier
- LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifiers
- Pure Enrichment Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- iTvanila Cool Mist Humidifier
Take a look at the features these humidifiers can offer:
Relieve dry skin with this humidifier that has a powerful mist output of 180 ml/h and will work for as long as 24 hours. Not only will you get better skin, it will also help alleviate the stuffiness in the room, prevent electrostatic caused by dry air and get more restful sleep. This humidifier boasts of materials with antibacterial properties that help inhibit the growth of microorganisms. This keeps harmful allergens at bay. It works quietly with 32 decibels of noise level.
- This humidifier has a high output. You can feel its humidifying effects fast.
- It features 45 degrees tilted nozzle. This allows it to have a wider coverage when it comes to humidifying a room.
- It has an all-night mist function. No need to get up and refill it.
- The automatic shut-off function comes handy when you forget to refill it and the unit runs out of water.
- The handle is arc-shaped, so it is easier to refill compared to other humidifiers out there.
- Has a nice and compact footprint that doesn’t take up space.
- It is one of the quietest humidifiers out there.
- The price is affordable.
- Some said the body easily detaches from the base, which can be bad as it can spill water.
2. LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifiers
Say goodbye to dry and flaky. If you have this humidifier with its 4.5L capacity in tow, you won’t suffer from excessive skin dryness anymore. Its large tank capacity makes sure you always have misty air for as long as 36 hours. It features 3 mist levels and has a maximum output of 250ml/hr. It also operates quietly. The ultrasonic air diffusion feature also runs without producing too much noise. And to make the whole experience better, use its aroma box where you can add a bit of essential oil.
- This has one of the biggest water tanks around. That will go you a longer run time. You don’t have to worry about refilling it constantly.
- It is suitable for bigger rooms.
- This one has reliable ultrasonic properties and whisper-quiet operations.
- The water tank has a wide opening, which makes filling it a lot easier.
- The tank is also easier to clean as you can fit a brush or even a rag easily there.
- The mist nozzle has been elevated. This is better as it prevents moisture from pooling on the surface of the humidifier.
- The nozzle has a 360-degree rotation feature.
- Comes with a handle for easier transport.
- There is an aroma box to put your favorite essential oils. Instantly turn your room into a spa.
- It is easy to use. It has one-touch controls that anyone can find easy to use.
- It is very affordable.
- It comes with 1-year buyer assurance and lifetime support.
- Some said they had issues with stagnant water.
3. Pure Enrichment Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This sleek-looking humidifier can give you up to 12 hours of relief from dry skin. It is ideal for small to medium-sized spaces. Through its variable mist control knob, you can also easily control how much mist is being expelled into the air. The tank is easy to refill and clean. You can fit your hand in there, making it easier to remove gunk and build-up. This unit also boasts of an automatic safety feature and a whisper-quiet operation.
- Great-looking humidifier.
- Has a size that won’t take up a lot of space.
- The tank capacity is fairly large. This is great for small to medium-sized rooms.
- Comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Much lighter than many humidifiers out there.
- Cleaning is a cinch. You don’t have to use special tools.
- It works quietly.
- The dial allows you to get the correct mist output you prefer.
- This is a very affordable humidifier as well.
- Some said the water does not go far and does not distribute well in the room.
4. iTvanila Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier is unlike anything you have used before because of its unique shape. Although it has a slimmer design, it has a fairly large 5L water tank capacity that allows you to get up to 43 hours of continuous mist without stopping to get a refill. It comes with 3 different mist output levels, so you can use this in any part of your home. It also comes with a remote control for easier operations. Its automatic humidity controls feature a humidity sensor that determines when it has reached optimal humidity. It shuts off once it has reached the right humidity levels.
- It has a nice and attractive design.
- It has one of the biggest tank capacities. It can operate for as long as 43 hours.
- It comes with a remote control for easier usage of this humidifier.
- The three mist levels allow you to choose the best setting for your needs.
- The dual filtration system ensures no harmful microorganisms will pass through.
- It has a sleep mode function.
- It can humidify a bigger area in a shorter period of time.
- Some said it is too big and too tall.
Which One Should You Get?
Quiet Humidifier: VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier. Don’t like your sleep disturbed by even a slight noise from a motor running? Get this. A lot of customers said this is a quiet humidifier and they did not have issues using it. It also has a lot of features to offer and as well as a long run time.
Large Capacity: LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifiers. This is what you should buy if you are looking for a humidifier that you don’t have to refill for hours. It has a long run time because of its large tank capacity. It is also more ideal for bigger rooms due to its large mist output.
Affordable Choice: Pure Enrichment Hume Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. Get this one if you are looking for a humidifier that will not break the bank. It might be inexpensive, but it definitely isn’t lacking in useful features. It can operate quietly and has a long run time.
Great Design: iTvanila Cool Mist Humidifier. The slim design of this humidifier makes this a unique choice. But in addition to that, it also delivers long hours of run time. It even comes with a remote control for easier usage of this unit.
Tips in Buying the Best Humidifier for Dry Skin
Buying the best humidifier for dry skin doesn’t have to be difficult. Make sure you keep the following tips in mind, so you will be able to successfully find a humidifier that works for you:
1. Keep moisture output into consideration.
One of the most important things you will consider when buying a humidifier is the moisture output. How much moisture it is capable of expelling in an hour can indicate how big a space it is capable of humidifying. A smaller unit with a lower moisture output might not provide the benefits you are looking for when it is stationed in a big room. This is why you should check the moisture output first to know whether it will be a good fit for your room.
2. Look for those with variable mist output function.
This feature allows you to set the humidifier to different settings. Most of the humidifiers out there come in 3 settings – low, medium and high, but others may only have 2 settings – low and high. Some also come with sleep function. The more mist output setting it offers, the better, as this allows more flexibility in terms of usage.
3. Make sure it is easy to refill.
Check the design. Some humidifiers have a curved top, which might make refilling them with water trickier. There are those with a top fill design that is easier to use because you can fill them up through the top without issues. Some also have a removable water tank that comes with a removable handle for easier usage.
4. Check how easy the clean-up is.
One of the important things you have to consider is how easy it is to clean-up and how well it resists the formation of bacteria and molds. Since you are dealing with water, too much humidity can cause moisture to form. If the humidifier also has a warm function, limescale deposits can also appear. Choose a unit that is not tedious to clean, has antibacterial materials and comes with brushes that are also easy to use.
5. It should have a long run time.
You don’t want to frequently keep on refilling it. The larger the water tank, the longer it will run continuously in between refills. Some can even run for longer than 30 hours. These might be the most ideal if you are in your home constantly. Other more compact ones can only last for as long as 10 hours.
You should take all these into consideration when choosing the best humidifier for dry skin.
What to Do Next?
Now that you’ve seen all our recommendations for dry skin, you should have a clear idea of which humidifier to buy. If you’re still unsure, or are considering a whole-house solution, no worries! Be sure to check out our guide to the best humidifiers available today for more expert reviews and recommendations.