In this Guide
- Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier 2019 Reviews
- 50 Pint versus 70 Pint Dehumidifiers – Which Is the Best Choice?
- The Verdict
Excess moisture in the air can lead to the appearance of molds and mildew. Molds like to take up residence in environments that are damp such as the bathroom, attic and basement. If you walk in your basement and you always smell a musty odor and see molds spots growing on corners or the ceiling, consider getting your home a dehumidifier to solve this problem.
A dehumidifier is a device that sucks excess moisture from the air. That excess moisture is stored in its tank in the form of water. Dehumidifiers today come in different sizes. You can find the smaller and more compact 30-pint dehumidifier, the slightly bigger 50-pint and the biggest choice, the 70-pint dehumidifier.
The names of these machines refer to how many pints of moisture each one is capable of removing from the atmosphere in a single cycle. You will typically need to empty the machine or change a filter after reaching a certain threshold of pints of moisture processed to maintain the health of the device and prevent the growth of mold inside. Once reaching this threshold, the dehumidifier will also not be as efficient, so be sure to pay attention to how the machine is chugging along. If you’re terrible about remembering machine maintenance, consider purchasing a dehumidifier that includes some sort of warning or reminder system.
We looked for the best 70-pint dehumidifiers out in the market today and found those that exceeded expectations when it comes to energy savings, quiet functions durability and performance. Find out which products we deem are the best ones.
|Product Image||Product Name||Description||Price|
Vremi 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
HomeLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier
Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier
Keystone KSTAD70C Energy Star
Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier 2019 Reviews
1. Vremi 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
This portable dehumidifier features 6 liters of water tank capacity that should be enough to accommodate the dehumidifying needs of a bigger space like a basement or a bedroom. It can remove as much as 9 gallons of excess water from the air. With a nice and sleek design, you should have no issues integrating this in any space. You can also control the humidity levels by simply turning off its continuous mode. It is also light in weight and has casters – features that make this unit easy to move around.
- This does what it is supposed to do, which is get rid of moisture from the air. It has a powerful system that truly works in getting rid of excess moisture.
- It boasts of quiet operations. You won’t have trouble with noise all day just like with the other dehumidifiers.
- It has safety features like an automatic shutoff feature. There is also an indicator for a full tank.
- This offers good energy efficiency.
- The tank is easy to insert and remove as needed.
- It works in bigger spaces like attics and basements
- The Ultra quiet Peltier technology ensures that it will run without disrupting the household.
- Some said it doesn’t work as fast as they prefer but it does get the job done.
2. HomeLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier
This energy-star rated appliance will work all day to keep excess moisture out of the air but without taking a toll on your energy usage. With its capacity, it can work in bigger spaces – up to 4000 square feet, which makes this an ideal choice for dehumidifying basements, bedrooms, living rooms and many more areas. Choose from 6 different settings to get your most ideal set-up. It also has a 24-hour timer function that ensures it will run as intended.
This unit has a compact size that doesn’t take up a lot of floor space. It also collects more moisture from the air with its 1.6 gallons of water tank capacity. It doesn’t just remove moisture, it also gets rid of unwanted smell and bacteria in the air.
- This product is great to look at. It has a nice design that blends in well with modern home designs.
- It is a low-maintenance kind of product. You need only to wash the filter once a month and wipe the water tank once every 2 weeks.
- The touch panel controls are easy to use.
- It comes with all the features you need for convenience such as defrost function, automatic restart, automatic shut off feature and turbo mode.
- Customers said it is easy to remove the water tray and return it.
- It runs quietly. You wouldn’t even notice it working.
- It is backed by a warranty and good customer service.
- Some had issues with the auto defrost function.
3. Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control
Keep your home protected against molds and mildew with this product that can remove up to 70-pints of moisture from the air in one day. And with a noise level of 51 dB, it shouldn’t be too disrupting when you use it indoors. It boasts of energy star certification. It won’t excessively consume electricity. It also has a nice design that should be pretty to look at even when not hidden. Out of all the dehumidifiers in this list, this is the design we like the most.
This product weighs only 47 lbs but also has sturdy casters to make moving it around easier. The LCD screen displays all the information you need to know including humidity readout and the timer.
- It has easy-to-use electronic controls. With just a touch of a button, you can get the settings you want. There is also a digital humidity readout.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty, so you are covered in the event of a disaster or machinery breaking. This is exceptionally important because a lot can go wrong internally with a dehumidifier, especially if it’s always in use.
- There is a pull-out handle to make this easier to carry should you decide to transfer it to another location.
- The water tank is easy to remove and empty, especially since the manual pump system is designed to be simple and provide easy access to the reservoir without needing to take apart the machine.
- Many customers like how quietly it operates.
- It doesn’t use up a lot of energy. This is one of the most efficient dehumidifiers you can find out there.
- It is a cinch to set up. You can also install a gravity drain, so there is no need to empty out the tray anymore.
- The Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control can be too expensive for the average person.
4. Keystone KSTAD70C Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
If space is a problem, get this. It doesn’t take up a lot of space but can accommodate the dehumidifying needs of up to 4500 square feet of spaces. It also comes with electronic controls that are easy to use and an LED display that shows you everything you need to know about your dehumidifier.
It comes complete with all the features most people are looking for in a dehumidifier including a 24-hour timer for easier and more convenient usage, a transparent water level indicator to let you know when it is time to empty out the water reservoir and an automatic shutoff function for safety. A garden hose and low-level drain is included in your purchase if you want to go the easy route and connect it directly to the drain rather than empty the water reservoir every now and then.
- The Keystone KSTAD70C Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier is well-designed and focused on energy efficiency, so you no longer have to worry as much about breakdowns or losing use of the dehumidifier at random intervals.
- This has a 24-hour timer. You can keep it running all day or have it shut off after a specific period of time if you don’t want to leave the machine running while you aren’t home.
- The water level indicator is transparent, so it is easier to gauge if it is almost full although it also comes with a full bucket alert feature.
- It has a dust filter that is easy to remove. This machine also has an alert that tells you when it is time to clean the filter.
- It has an automatic restart function. In case of power outages, you don’t need to manually restart it.
- Many people are satisfied with how quietly it works.
- It runs without any issues.
- Some said they had issues with the gravity drain not consistently flowing out water.
5. Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
Ivation has always been a trusted name when it comes to developing the best appliances for better indoor air quality. This product doesn’t disappoint because of its ability to dehumidify spaces as large as 4500 square feet. It is one of the most compact choices out there and has a weight of only 45 pounds. It won’t take up a lot of room in your house.
You have the option of hooking it up to a hose and directing it to a drain or let its 2.25-gallons of water reservoir do the collection. It has an automatic shutoff function that kicks in once it has reached its maximum water tank capacity. The LCD interface located at the top of the unit is easy to use and control. You can program your preferred settings with just pressing the right buttons.
This is one of the most portable dehumidifiers out there. Aside from the fact that it is lightweight, the overall design is also compact, making it easier to just place in a corner of the room where it will run inconspicuously. And since it is lightweight, moving it around is easy. There are also durable casters under it for seamless moving.
The LCD display is easy to use. It is also easily accessible and has a nice and responsive design.
The water tank is located at the bottom of the unit. It is easy to take it out for emptying or cleaning.
Maintenance is fairly easy. Aside from the water tank that is easy to remove, it also comes with a washable air filter. It does not add up to the costs of using this dehumidifier. Just take it out, rinse it and let it dry.
There is no need to worry about running it in the winter season because this unit has a frost sensor that will automatically defrost the coils when they are starting to freeze up.
The extra long cord is also a nifty feature. You can hook it up anywhere and not have to worry about using extension cords.
Some had issues with the hose included. They said the size is not standard and they can’t extend it like they would a normal hose.
50 Pint versus 70 Pint Dehumidifiers – Which Is the Best Choice?
Both the 50-pint and the 70-pint dehumidifiers work better in slightly bigger spaces. But which of these should you truly go for?
It is interesting to note that there isn’t really that much of a difference when it comes to the noise level of a 50-pint dehumidifier to that of a 70-pint dehumidifier. Some may assume that because the 50-pint dehumidifier is smaller, it produces less noise. But one can argue that because a 70-pint dehumidifier is more powerful, you might need only to use its lowest fan speed setting to achieve desired results. When the lowest settings are used, it might not produce as much noise as a 50-pint dehumidifier cranked up to its highest setting.
A 70-pint dehumidifier can still be an ideal choice, especially since there are manufacturers who have integrated whisper-soft operations on their units. But you would want to compare dB levels to learn if what you are getting is noisy or not.
While it is true that larger dehumidifiers tend to consume more energy, they do have more energy efficiency if you compare the amount of moisture they extract from the air. It is more capable of removing more excess moisture from the air usually over a shorter period of time because of the power capacity of the machine’s motor. By doing so, the 70 pint dehumidifier is actually more energy efficient than many smaller models because the device draws power for a far shorter period of time than something like the 30 pint dehumidifier, which is only energy efficient in small spaces. This is why if you have a bigger space to dehumidify, it makes more sense to invest in a 70-pint dehumidifier compared to one that has a smaller capacity. You’ll be wasting far less energy and money and removing far more pints of moisture.
Because a 70-pint dehumidifier is more likely to work better and faster in creating a more conducive indoor air quality compared to a 50-pint dehumidifier, you might not need to run it as long as a 50-pint dehumidifier. And because of that, it doesn’t need to operate all the time, reducing wear and tear on its parts. This can make the 70-pint dehumidifier last longer.
Because 50-pint dehumidifiers are smaller, they are generally more portable. They are smaller, so they don’t take up a lot of space and they can be hidden in a corner of a room. The 70-pint ones are a little bit bigger but the difference in size shouldn’t be too dramatic. You can find a lot of portable features in both sizes such as handles and casters. The 50-pint ones might just trump the 70-pint ones when it comes to weight. Because they are smaller, they are easier to lift.
In general, 70-pint dehumidifiers are more expensive. They are bigger, after all, so you should expect them to cost more. That price can increase when you opt for those with more features. Of course, there are also more expensive 50-pint dehumidifiers. The price all boils down to the brand name and specific uses.
When choosing a dehumidifier, you’re going to come across information stating whether or not the device has a built-in pump. A 70 Pint Dehumidifier with a built in pump will constantly be moving the water vapor that it absorbs from the air and directing it away from a room. You will usually need to situate these products so that the pump’s outlet is not facing the room. Instead, you should have the dehumidifier pumping moisture outside or through a vent so the water vapor does not end up back in the atmosphere of a room. If a dehumidifier says it does not have a built in pump, then the moisture is not removed from the machine on its own. Instead, you will have to open the device every so often and dump out the water that collects in a special basin. This variety tends to be simpler and less expensive than those with a built in pump, but can be more difficult to clean since the moisture will build up in the interior over time.
More Affordable Choice: Vremi 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier. Get this one if you are looking for a dehumidifier with a 70-pint capacity that is not as expensive as the others. Even though this one is less expensive, it is not lacking in the features that are found in its more expensive counterparts.
Reliable Customer Service: hOmeLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier. It’s nice to buy from a company that can back it up with quality service. In case you got a lemon, they can address the problem right away. That is what this product offers. It gives you more peace of mind knowing that you can rely on the manufacturer to address concerns.
Effectively Removes Moisture: Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control. Not all the 70-pint dehumidifiers out there has enough power to truly get rid of condensation and moisture in the air but this one, according to users, does the job quite well.
Reliable Functions: Keystone KSTAD70C Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier. This dehumidifier gets the job done consistently. You will like how quietly it operates but best of all, all its features deliver good results.
Easy Maintenance: Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier. If you are looking for something that will function well for a long time and doesn’t take up a lot of time and energy to maintain, this is a good choice for you. It is also lightweight and portable, making this a fitting choice for people who move a lot.
Factors to Consider When Buying a 70 Pint Dehumidifier
At the end of the day, the best 70-pint dehumidifier is still the one that provides the features that work with your specific needs. Here are a few factors to consider when scrutinizing your options:
Always look for those with good safety features such as a frost sensor, that will be able to detect if it is too cold. There are also those dehumidifiers equipped with a defrosting function. In case the coils inside freeze up during cold days, you can use this function to defrost it and keep it running.
An automatic shut off or restart feature would also come handy. Many dehumidifiers also come with a water level indicator. It can also emit a signal if the water reservoir is near full capacity. Compare the safety features that come with the products, so you can identify the best ones.
Also get those with a long cord, so you don’t need to use an extension cord just to connect it to an outlet. This can be an added safety feature that will prevent the machine from operating improperly.
Not all of the dehumidifiers out there come with a warranty. Some might only come with a limited warranty. Check to see if it includes a warranty and for how long it will cover your purchase.
Ease of Use
Find out where the controls are located. Most dehumidifiers are easy to use. They usually come with push button controls and LED displays that are not difficult to understand.
Check the water tank as well. Make sure the tank can be easily accessed, so you can remove it quickly when you need to empty it out. In some cases, the tank is easy to remove but can be difficult to put back, so make sure it offers ergonomic functions that make the tank easier to remove and put back.
Some dehumidifiers also have a clean filter indicator. In case the filters need to be cleaned, the machine will let you know. This way, you never have to guess. You always know when the filters will have to be cleaned.
Since it is a fairly big appliance and it will most likely occupy a considerable space in the room, make sure it has a nice design that will work seamlessly in your space. Choose those with a color that works cohesively with your home’s colors. Look for a design that matches with your other appliances as well. Also choose those that come with casters, so they are easier to move around. Some of these products also come with built-in handles that you can use to make carrying them easier.
Here are the best 70-pint dehumidifiers you should get:
- Vremi 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- hOmeLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control
- Keystone KSTAD70C Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
Have you decided which of these 70-pint dehumidifiers to get? Click on the links in our reviews to find out more about any of the models recommended here. Do make sure to check out our main buying guide for more recommendations on the best dehumidifiers of any size to buy for your home, as well as interesting tips, tricks, and reviews.