According to studies, an average of 37 million Americans experiences some form of sinus issue every year. Sinus problems can cause difficulty breathing and discomforts that can diminish the quality of your life. There are also people who suffer from recurring or chronic sinus problems that prevent them from doing the things they like to do due to the discomforts.
There are a lot of natural ways for you to relieve sinus problems such as congestion. You can use aromatherapy, do a nasal rinse, go for a facial massage and install a humidifier in your home. The latter is something you can easily do not just as a form of treatment but also as a preventive measure.
A humidifier works in delivering more moisture into the air, which helps in alleviating nasal congestion and moisturizing the nose for easier breathing. It also helps eliminate unwanted allergens in the air.
Today, we will show you which of the humidifiers out there is worth buying. We chose the ones that helped others treat their sinus issues and those that are equipped with features that promote convenience and ease of usage.
3 Ways to Minimize Sinus Problems
Sinus problems are usually brought about by allergic reactions to allergens like pollens, dust and pet dander. It can also be caused by hay fever. If you have a weak immune system, it can detect simple and harmless substances like pollens as invaders. Your body will then fight off these invaders and exhibit that through sinus issues, coughing, wheezing and runny nose.
Here are some ways to minimize sinus problems:
1. Use a humidifier at home.
As mentioned above, a humidifier works in adding more moisture into the air. Dry air leads to dry nose, which can then exacerbate this condition. Many humidifiers today are also capable of removing bacteria and allergens in the air. You can significantly improve your comfort with the help of a humidifier.
2. Keep your house clean.
A dirty house riddled with dust can cause frequent allergy attacks. If there are dust mites lurking everywhere, you could end up suffering from chronic sinus problems. Make sure you vacuum your house regularly. Use a vacuum cleaner that has been equipped with a HEPA filter. This should help you in getting rid of dust particles effectively.
Got carpets? Steam clean them in addition to vacuuming them. Steam cleaning works in microscopically getting rid of bacteria and many other harmful microorganisms from the carpet.
Have your HVAC system and vents cleaned as well. Dirt and dust in these systems could become airborne and make you more susceptible to sinus problems.
3. Keep your home properly ventilated.
Air out your home in order to allow fresh air to circulate better. Open your windows and doors early in the morning. This will also help get rid of the mustiness in your home.
You can also enhance your immune system by eating right, getting lots of outdoor time, avoiding stress and getting exercise.
Best Humidifier for Sinus Problems
We did all the work for you and checked out the humidifiers out there ideal for sinus problems sufferers. Here are the ones we deem the most ideal:
- Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- URPOWER Large Capacity Whisper Quiet Operation Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
- InnoGear Cool Mist Humidifier
- iTvanila Cool Mist Humidifier
Let’s take a closer look at what these humidifiers have to offer:
1. Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Decongest that sinus and breathe easily with the help of this humidifier. It has the ability to keep humidity levels right above 43%, which is what is recommended if you want to avoid illnesses and the discomforts of respiratory problems. In addition to relieving sinus problems, it can also help in keeping the skin moist, thereby providing relief for those with skin issues like eczema.
- This is an ultrasonic humidifier, which means it does not contain a compressor that can increase the noise level. You can operate this at home without disrupting the household with its noise. Its Whisper Quiet operations make this a more ideal choice for a baby’s or a child’s bedroom.
- The large 6L of capacity guarantees 50 hours of continuous usage. That is a lot of hours in between refills, which is really convenient to use.
- The high 270ml/hour output allows this humidifier to quickly improve the indoor air quality of spaces as big as 400 square foot.
- It comes with an essential oil tray. If you want to relieve nasal congestion even more or you simply want to de-stress, you can drop your favorite essential oil in this tray. It makes the room smell great.
- The 360 degree rotating nozzle is a convenient feature. It allows you to direct the nozzle in the area you want in order to enhance misting capability.
- This is a filterless unit. Maintenance is fairly easy since you don’t need to replace or clean a filter in order to use it.
- It is a bit more expensive than your average humidifier.
2. URPOWER Large Capacity Whisper Quiet Operation Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier
The sleek design of this humidifier makes this a great choice if you like modern settings. The black and white colors and sleek design give this a contemporary look that will work well in modern design settings. With its Whisper-Quiet and Ultrasonic operations, you can use this even in kids’ bedrooms without disrupting their sleep.
- This unit has a good 5L tank capacity that offers up to 14-17 hours of continuous usage.
- It is powerful enough to dispel more moisture into the air. It has a mist volume maximum capacity of 350ml/h. The mist mode is completely adjustable. You can set it up to a stronger or a lower setting.
- It is safe to use. The automatic shut-off function senses when the water reservoir does not contain water anymore and completely shuts it off when there is no more water.
- It has one-touch and one-button feature. Even those who are not technologically-savvy will find this easy to use.
- If you are looking for a more affordable option, this is a good choice. It has a reasonable price. A lot of people also said it is not costly to run. It has a good energy efficiency.
- The top and the bottom parts do not connect completely, so you need to be careful when transporting it with water in it.
3. InnoGear Cool Mist Humidifier
Never have to deal with dry and stuffy air anymore. Relief nasal congestion and alleviate sinus pain with the help of this humidifier that is compact enough to fit in small spaces but powerful enough to cover 500 square feet of space. It maintains humidity levels higher than 43%, so you can really experience relief with this unit.
- It has an attractive minimalist design. The nozzle is found at the top and the button is found at the bottom. The button features sensitive touch control. You can operate it easily with just a touch of a finger.
- It has a big 4L tank capacity. You can refill it with ease as the unit comes with a built-in handle that you can use to grip it securely while you are filling it up with water.
- The maximum mist output of 300ml/h humidifies a room faster and provides immediate relief. It continuously works for as long as 40 hours. You can choose between low, medium and high mist settings.
- The nozzle rotates to 360 degrees. It can dispel mist in any direction.
- This unit runs quietly. With just 35 db of noise level, this is one of the best dehumidifiers to use if you want something that will not produce too much noise.
- There are no filters to clean. For its maintenance, just remove the water tank and then wipe off water residues.
- Despite this unit boasting of a lot of features, it is an inexpensive option. It won’t break the bank.
- Some said it produces wet mist that tends to leave water residues on surfaces.
4. iTvanila Cool Mist Humidifier
Get the best of sleep and avoid being disturbed by sinus problems with the help of this humidifier. It features an All Night Mist functions made possible with its 2.7 liters of tank capacity. You can make use of this humidifier for as long as 25 hours for every tank refill.
- The shape of this humidifier is more ideal for small spaces. It is compact and has a cylindrical design and black exterior that matches modern appliances.
- The 2.7 liters of tank capacity is just right for overnight use. However, it can also last for as long as 25 hours when using the low settings.
- Need something to quickly humidify the room? This humidifier should provide you with quick humidification settings. Adjust the setting to medium and change the settings of the 360-degree rotatable nozzle to find the best setup that can quickly humidify a room. It also distributes heat well, so no water will get on the floor.
- What makes this different from others is its sleep mode. It has 35 dB of noise level that won’t disrupt your sleep.
- Operating this unit is easy with its touch panel system. The touch panel system is sensitive, so you can easily program it to the functions you want.
- This comes with a 12-month warranty.
- It is too lightweight. It might be easily knocked over if you have pets at home.
Which One Should You Get?
Long Hours of Uninterrupted Usage: Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. If you want long hours of usage in between refills, this is a good choice for you. It has a large tank capacity that allows you to run it continuously for as long as 50 hours.
Modern Design: URPOWER Large Capacity Whisper Quiet Operation Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier. We recommend this unit if you are looking for something with a more modern design and appeal. The black and white colors and sleek design allow this to blend seamlessly in a contemporary space.
Large Capacity: InnoGear Cool Mist Humidifier. This should be a good humidifier to use if you are humidifying a bigger space. It has a larger capacity that works effortlessly in producing more mist and reducing stuffiness in a bigger room.
Great for Humidifying Medium-Sized Bedrooms: iTvanila Cool Mist Humidifier. This one is the perfect choice for medium-sized bedrooms. It is not too big, but it still has a good tank capacity.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Humidifier for Sinus Problems
When buying a humidifier for sinus problems, it is important to keep the following things in mind:
Large Water Reservoir. Look for a humidifier with a big tank capacity. This will allow you to fill it up with more water, so you can run it continuously. You can rely on it for long hours. That way, you won’t have to worry about refilling it with water too often.
Moisture Output. How fast can it deliver more moisture into the air? One with a higher moisture output can provide immediate relief. What you can do is check how many holes and nozzles it has. More holes mean more capacity to dispel.
Ability to Reduce Airborne Bacteria. Since you are using it to minimize sinus problems, make sure you look for one that can really reduce the number of airborne bacteria and many other harmful allergens.
Easy to Clean and Maintain. A larger reservoir is easier to clean. It should also be made from plastic materials that are resistant to the formation of molds and mildew.
Filterless Functions. Some humidifiers come with a filter that you can clean or replace. When it gets dirty. If you want a low-maintenance kind of humidifier, one that doesn’t come with a filter should be a good choice. This is also easier to clean as it doesn’t smell musty or turn moldy easily. You can use distilled water to operate this kind of humidifier instead to keep internal functions clean.
Has Safety Functions. Look for safety features such as an auto shut off feature once it detects that the water reservoir is empty. This can prevent the unit from overheating.
Humidifying is a great way to improve your respiratory health all around the house. Make sure you get the best units for your space by checking out our must-read guide!