Eczema is a chronic skin condition characterized by redness, open and oozing lesions, skin dryness, scaly skin, and itchiness.
Those of us suffering from this skin condition know that even the smallest thing can trigger a flare-up.
It can be triggered when you eat foods that you are sensitive to, if you use harsh skin care products, and use household products that contain chemicals. Even extremely cold or hot weather can trigger a flare-up.
Since there is no permanent treatment for eczema, it is up to the people afflicted with this condition to look for ways to ease up the symptoms or prevent them from manifesting. One way to do that by improving moisture content in the air: if the air is too dry, it can cause your skin to dry up, which will then exacerbate your symptoms…
Here’s the deal:
In addition to using hydrating skincare products, look for a humidifier that can help alleviate skin dryness.
We will help you find the one that will truly work in providing relief from eczema, starting with the #1 recommended Pure Enrichment MistAire Cool Mist Humidifier which has great coverage and very low noise levels at a very affordable price point.
In This Guide
- Best Humidifier for Eczema
- Which One Should You Get?
- Can a Humidifier Really Help Eczema Sufferers?
- Tips in Buying the Best Humidifier for Eczema
Best Humidifier for Eczema
Here are the best humidifiers ideal for people with eczema:
|1. Pure Enrichment MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier|
Compact but Efficient
|2. Geniani Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with Timer|
Easy to Clean
|3. Guardian Technologies PureGuardian H940|
Silver Clean Protection System
Check out the benefits that these humidifiers can offer:
1. Pure Enrichment MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier has Ultrasonic Cool Mist functions that effectively humidifiers a bigger space. It has a run time of 25 hours, making this ideal to place in bedrooms and living rooms for instant relief from congestion or dry skin conditions. The 360-degrees nozzle works in evenly distributing mist throughout the room. You can also adjust it to a high or a low setting depending on your specific needs.
It expels up to 4 ounces of mist for every hour of usage. An easy touch button is found at the lower front of the machine for easier and more seamless usage. It also doubles as a night light. And with its less than 32 dB of noise level, this shouldn’t be too disrupting. You can place it in a baby’s room and not worry about disrupting your baby’s sleep.
- It has a good room coverage. It can cover up to 250 square footage of space, which should be enough in covering a smaller space like a bedroom.
- It has a good-sized tank capacity. It can accommodate up to 1.5 liters of water. Run time is also significantly longer than other humidifiers out there.
- The power light automatically turns off after a few seconds, so it will not disturb your sleep.
- It comes with everything you need to keep it in great shape such as a disk cleaning brush.
- A lot of people said they truly experienced relief with their skin conditions with the help of this humidifier.
- It has a good size. It isn’t too small, but it is not too big and clunky either. Most people said they were able to fit in their nightstand.
- Some people said it is harder to clean.
2. Geniani Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with Timer
This is a humidifier that works in small to medium-sized rooms. It has a 2L tank capacity that effectively humidifies a bigger space in just 24 hours. It has a compact design and easy touch features where you can control its 3-speed settings easily with just a touch of your finger.
Maintain ideal humidity levels in your home with the help of its timer function that ensures long hours of continuously good humidity levels.
- This is one of the easiest humidifiers to use out there.
- It has a night light that is comforting and relaxing to see. Kids will find it easier to sleep with the night light on.
- It has a nice capacity that produces continuous mist for a long time.
- The touch control panel is easy to use. It won’t take a genius to figure out how to use it.
- This is a good humidifier that you can clean easily. It doesn’t come with a filter, but you can use distilled water to prevent residues from building up.
- It has an auto shut off function for added safety.
- The 2-year warranty can secure your purchase.
- A lot of people also said it was easy to set up.
- Some said it is not as quiet as they wished it will be.
3. Guardian Technologies PureGuardian H940
Are you on a tight budget? Don’t worry because this unit will not break the bank. Aside from its low price tag, it is also chock-full of features that works great for people suffering from eczema. It features 0.5 gallon tanks capacity that will work in smaller spaces and has a long run time of up to 30 hours.
What sets this humidifier apart from all others is its Silver Clean Protection system. What this does is inhibit the growth and appearance of mildew and molds, especially on the surface of the tank. This ensures that your humidifier is safe to use. It features Ultrasonic Technology for quiet dispersing of mist into the air.
- It has a good and accessible price tag, great for people who are on a tight budget.
- You can be assured that it will not develop molds and mildew over time because of its Silver Clean Protection feature.
- It works quietly. The Ultrasonic Technology ensures that this unit will run quietly and without disrupting the household. You can place it in a baby’s room without issues.
- You can choose between high and low cool mist settings.
- It is compact and slender. Since it doesn’t take up a lot of space, you can easily just put it on a countertop or your bedside table.
- It has a reliable 4L moisture output that keeps the room comfortably cool all day. It helps moisture the air, so your skin can remain soft and supple as well.
- Its mist nozzle is directional. You can position it anywhere you want.
- The night light is optional. You can choose to turn it on or off.
- Some people might find this too small for their needs.
4. Fochea Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
No dry skin will be left untreated with the help of this humidifier that has a high mist output of 260ml/h. With its 3.5L tank capacity, you can rely on this humidifier for continuous dry skin relief. It has a working time of up to 20 hours. And unlike other humidifiers with a nozzle, this one has three holes instead.
This humidifier performs quietly. This humidifier has a base sink that you can use as a slot for petals or plant hay.
- It has a good moisture output. If you have a bigger room to humidify and smaller humidifiers aren’t working that well, you would want to choose this one.
- The design is really attractive. It won’t look odd when placed in a room.
- The moisturizing output is good. Aside from relieving skin dryness, it also helps in alleviating colds and other respiratory illnesses.
- It has a long run time. You don’t have to keep on refilling it with water.
- The tank is fairly easy to clean because of the large opening.
- This works quietly. It won’t intrude with your day.
- Some said they did not like the angle of which the mist is expelled. It falls downward, so the floor gets wet.
- It is a bit more expensive than other humidifiers.
Which One Should You Get?
Now which of these humidifiers will work better for you?
High Moisture Output: Fochea Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. Do you need something that can effectively moisturize the air you are breathing in a shorter period of time? Get this one. Its high moisture output works in humidifying a larger space.
Compact But Efficient: Pure Enrichment MistAire Silver Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. This humidifier might be more compact and may take up a smaller footprint, but it has the efficiency to boast of. It can still effectively humidify a big bedroom.
Easy to Clean: Geniani Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier with Timer. Because this humidifier doesn’t come with a filter, it is easier to clean. You can use distilled water to make cleaning and maintenance a lot easier as well.
Inexpensive Choice: Guardian Technologies PureGuardian H940. This is the humidifier to look for if you don’t want to spend too much money. It still has all the features you are looking for but without the hefty price tag.
Can a Humidifier Really Help Eczema Sufferers?
How exactly does a humidifier work in reducing the symptoms of eczema?
A humidifier emits water particles into the air. This corrects dry air conditions. When more moisture is infused in the air, your skin will get the external hydration that it needs. Moisture seeps into the skin and keeps excessive skin dryness at bay. You can enjoy supply and soft skin because of a humidifier.
Aside from its ability to keep dryness at bay, a humidifier may also work in slowing down the aging process. Because it alleviates skin dryness, which is a common reason behind rapid skin aging, it helps maintain young and dewy skin.
People with skin issues can benefit from a humidifier in the cold winter days. In the winter, the air is usually dryer. It is not uncommon for eczema sufferers to experience a flare-up in the winter. If you have been using skin care moisturizers to keep your skin moist and hydrated in the winter but you still experience dry skin, you might want to supplement that with a humidifier.
In addition to providing relief from eczema, you also get many other benefits such as relieving throat itchiness and nasal congestion. Those experiencing asthma or respiratory illnesses may find a humidifier helpful.
Tips in Buying the Best Humidifier for Eczema
Buying a humidifier that works in providing relief for eczema shouldn’t be difficult with the help of the following tips:
1. Look for a larger water reservoir.
A larger water reservoir is a nice feature. It allows you to fill it up with more water, so it can continuously expel moisture into the air for a longer period of time. You don’t need to stop to refill it with water, which can be inconvenient.
2. It is better to find those with a rotatable nozzle.
Most humidifiers today already come with a rotatable knob, so you can control the direction of the mist. This makes it easier to humidify the spot you want. If it doesn’t come with a nozzle and it only has holes, check to see how many holes it has. The more holes, the more mist output it can have.
3. Look for safety features.
Safety features are also essential in order to get more peace of mind. Look for a humidifier that has an auto shut off feature. It detects when the water has completely dissipated and automatically shuts off when there is no more water detected. This brings more peace of mind in case you accidentally forget to turn it off.
4. Check the noise level.
Choose a humidifier that does not emit too much noise. It might emit a low noise level or vibration but shouldn’t be too disrupting to your everyday life.
5. Check to see if it comes with a warranty.
A good warranty will secure your purchase. That way, if you encounter any issues with your humidifier, you can easily get the help of the manufacturer.
6. Find out more about its moisture output.
A higher moisture output makes it easier to humidify a bigger space. That way, you can find relief from dry skin condition faster.
Aside from resolving eczema symptoms, humidifiers can make a big difference in your quality of life around the home. Read our buying guide to learn everything you need to know and see our current top picks for any space!