A dehumidifier is a great addition to any space. If you have excess moisture or condensation issues in a space, buying a dehumidifier and installing it in that space can help solve the moisture problem. You can prevent the growth of harmful molds as well as prevent the room from smelling musty.
Today, you will find various dehumidifiers with different functions. You might want to set your sights to the dehumidifier that includes a pump. A built-in pump may come handy when it comes to more effective draining of moisture.
Aside from learning more about the benefits of a dehumidifier with pump, we will also show you which of the dehumidifiers out there today are the best choices. Find out which of the ones out there we highly recommend.
Benefits of Getting a Dehumidifier with Pump
What makes a dehumidifier with a pump different from the ones without a pump is that the pump allows the continuous removal of moisture. While other, more compact dehumidifiers usually come with a water tank where all the moisture collected in the air goes straight into the tank, a dehumidifier with a pump expels the water continuously outside through a drain or through a window with the help of the pump pushing it out.
This type of dehumidifier can be run continuously without worrying that the tank needs to be emptied out all the time. You can basically install it and forget about it. The dehumidifier will take care of all the dehumidifying work for you, so you don’t have to stop what you are doing just to make sure the dehumidifier is working.
These dehumidifiers may also come with a reserve water tank. In case the tank isn’t working, the moisture collected will go into the water tank. That eliminates some of the worries that you could end up with a flooded home.
This type of dehumidifier is great in dehumidifying bigger spaces such as a garage or a basement. You can also rely on this to dehumidify your kitchen, bathroom or living room. The pump technology also works better for commercial spaces.
Best Dehumidifier with Pump
We recommend getting these dehumidifiers that come with a built-in pump:
- Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump
- hOmeLabs 70 Pint Energy Star Rated Dehumidifier
- Haier Energy Star 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
- Tosot 70 Pint with Internal Pump Energy Star Dehumidifier
Here are the things you should know about these pumps:
1. Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump
The built-in pump and 16-inch hose included with this dehumidifier ensure that water collected from the air will be expelled from your house continuously. It has a powerful water pump that makes use of 16 watts of energy, which is capable of expelling or pumping out water even at an elevation of 16,4 feet vertically. With this feature, you can insert the hose on a tall window and still effectively drain water.
If you are dehumidifying spaces as big as 4500 square feet, this should be a sterling choice. It weighs just 45 pounds and has a nice size and design that will work even in tight spaces. It is packed with useful features such as a 2.25 gallon reservoir, automatic shut-off function, water level indicator, 2 fan speed settings, humidity sensors, air filter and auto restart features.
- This dehumidifier is lightweight and compact, great for optimum portability. It can effectively remove as much as 70 pints of moisture in just one day or continuously with the help of the pump and a hose.
- It has a powerful pump. The built-in pump effectively pumps out water even when the hose is elevated at 16,4 feet vertically. This will allow you to set it up no matter which area in the house.
- It has good energy-saving functions. Aside from being energy star rated, it has Smart Settings that helps you set the humidity levels in 5% increments only. The humidifier automatically maintains that level.
- This dehumidifier is easy to use. The display is user-friendly and shows you everything you need to know. It even has a timer that will allow you to program your desired settings. It comes with a reserve 2.25 gallon tank that you can so easily remove when you need to empty it out.
- It truly improves indoor air quality. This unit features an evaporation and filtration system that works in getting rid of excess moisture in the air as well as prevent the prevalence of allergens and dust mites.
- It is low-maintenance. Simply plug it in and it will do the work for you.
- There is no information as to whether this unit comes with a warranty. There were also some issues about the hose leaking.
2. hOmeLabs 70 Pint Energy Star Rated Dehumidifier
hOmeLabs made sure that you are getting a dehumidifier that isn’t just useful but also pleasing to the eyes. This unit fits well with modern appliances, so it won’t be an eyesore no matter where you install it. Aside from its big 1.6 gallons of water tank capacity, this unit can also be hooked up to a hose and allow the pump to get rid of all the excess moisture. If you are dehumidifying spaces from 25000 to 4000 square feet, this is a good choice for you.
It effectively gets rid of moisture and bacteria in the air. The Turbo mode feature works in increasing the speed of the fan for faster and more efficient removal of moisture and air.
- This is a nice-looking dehumidifier that you will be happy to use in your home. It will work seamlessly with your other appliances.
- It is backed by a 2-year warranty for peace of mind.
- There are a lot of useful features to find in this unit including a filter reminder, turbo fan speed setting, timer and continuous dehumidifying mode.
- The unit is also compact and comes with casters. You won’t have trouble moving it from one place to another.
- No need to worry about racking up a high energy bill because this unit is energy star-rated.
- It is easy to maintain. The water tank just requires wiping after every 2 weeks.
- It runs fairly quietly according to some users.
- The base is made from plastic and if broken, you can’t replace it. You might have to call the customer service of the company and have the entire unit replaced.
3. Haier Energy Star 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump
If you have a bit more money to spare, go for this high-end dehumidifier. It can effectively remove up to 70 pints of excess moisture indoors every day. It comes with a built-in pump that effectively dispels collected water into a sink, drain or a window.
Its electronic controls are easy to use. It comes with a digital humidistat as well to make checking of humidity levels a cinch. It comes complete with advanced features such as a 24-hour timer, two-speed settings, full bucket indicator light and an alarm system in case the bucket is full.
- A lot of customers commended on this unit’s ability to truly get rid of excess moisture in the air. It even works in bigger rooms.
- It works quietly. Even though it pumps out a lot of water and works hard in controlling humidity, it does not emit a lot of noise.
- Many also reported that it does not expel too much heat unlike other dehumidifiers out there.
- No need to empty buckets or keep on checking the water reservoir. This thing works its magic when it comes to dispelling moisture.
- It is quite lightweight instead, so you should have no problems getting it from one place to another.
- It is quite expensive. There were also people who said the pump gave up after the warranty has expired.
4. Tosot 70 Pint with Internal Pump Energy Star Dehumidifier
Never be disturbed by your dehumidifier ever again. It has Whisper Quiet operations with only 52 decibels. You won’t even notice it working as the noise is comparable to speaking noise. You can also run this efficiently as it is energy star rated.
Although it has a powerful pump for continuous dispelling of water, this still has a drain bucket that you can remove easily. It has an ergonomic handle for easier removal of water.
- It has a good capacity if you are using the drain bucket. Use the built-in pump to continuously remove moisture from the air.
- It is powerful enough to remove excess moisture in the garage, bedroom, entire apartment or basement.
- The drain bucket is easy to empty out because of its ergonomic handle. The handle even swivels to ensure that you will not spill a drop of water in it.
- In case of a power outage, this unit will automatically restart through its power outage restart function.
- It is lightweight.
- This unit comes with a 1-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- There were some people who said the humidifier readout is not very helpful.
Which One Should You Get?
Feature Packed: Ivation 70 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump. You will be hard-pressed to find something wrong with this dehumidifier. It is chock-full of features and all of the included features are useful.
Great-Looking Dehumidifier: hOmeLabs 70 Pint Energy Star Rated Dehumidifier. Are you concerned about how it will look in your home? Go for something with a sleek look like this one. It has an attractive design that works so well in modern settings.
Keeps Your Home Completely Dry: Haier Energy Star 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Built-in Pump. This one has the best reviews when it comes to keeping the home dryer. It seems to have a more powerful pump compared to the other ones out there and works well in truly getting rid of moisture in the air.
Great for Larger Spaces: Tosot 70 Pint with Internal Pump Energy Star Dehumidifier. This humidifier is one of the best choices out there when it comes to accommodating the dehumidifying needs of bigger spaces. It has a lot of power that works in getting rid of excess moisture in the air.
Tips in Buying the Best Dehumidifier with Pump
Buying the best dehumidifier that comes with a built-in pump doesn’t have to be difficult. Here are some tips that will help you in finding the best dehumidifier that will work better for your needs:
1. Check its capacity.
How big space can it dehumidify? What you should buy should correspond to your space needs. If you plan on putting it in a bigger space such as a basement or in a commercial area, make sure you get a dehumidifier with more tank capacity for back-up and has a power strong enough to accommodate larger dehumidifying needs.
If not, the smaller 50 pint dehumidifiers like the ones we suggested here should suffice.
2. Get those that have low-maintenance features.
Unless you want to think and worry about your dehumidifier all day, look for one that has low-maintenance features instead. It should be easy to operate. One with plug-and-play functions would be a great fit for busy individuals who don’t have all day to keep on checking their dehumidifier. Check to see if it comes with features that allow you to program it in such a way that you can get the features you want.
3. It should have good display features.
Make sure the LED screen is big enough to decipher the details. Also find out what details the screen can show such as humidistat, fan speed, timer settings, alert on filter changes and many other crucial information that will help you run the dehumidifier easily.
4. It should come with convenient automatic features.
Some automatic features will come handy when it comes to running your dehumidifier. The auto-restart function, for instance, is helpful in case there is a power outage. It turns on automatically, so you don’t have to go to the basement to restart your dehumidifier.
Look for an auto-defrost function as well. In the winter, the internal parts of the dehumidifier can freeze up due to the low temperature. That will render the dehumidifier useless. An auto-defrost function can save your dehumidifier from dying in the winter.
5. Check its portability.
Does it come with casters? How heavy is it? Expect that you will change your mind when it comes to the placement of your dehumidifier. If you are going to move it in the future, make sure it comes with portable functions that will allow you to transport it from one place to another with ease.
6. Inspect the pump power.
Check the built-in pump power and find out if it is powerful enough to truly expel collected water. If it isn’t, water can go into the water tank rather than be directed outside the house.
Here are just a few of the things you need to consider to ensure that you are getting a dehumidifier that will serve you well.
If you’re looking for a pump dehumidifier, we hope you’ve found something in this guide that suits your needs. You can click on the links in our reviews to learn more about any of the models we’ve recommended here. If you’re not sure whether you need this type of dehumidifier, don’t worry! Just be sure to read our guide to the best dehumidifiers in any category. We have a lot more recommendations to fit any application. .