When it comes to improving the air quality in your home, the benefits of a humidifier can’t be beaten. It helps add more mist particles in the air, which can then effectively reduce dry air conditions. Dry air causes dry throat and airways. It can exacerbate the symptoms of respiratory illnesses.
Installing a humidifier can help you breathe easier as it decongests the airways. It also helps promote better sleep.
There are different types humidifiers out there, but you might want to consider one that doesn’t come with a filter. In this article, you will find out what makes filterless humidifiers better than others and which of the ones sold today have the features that will truly improve indoor air quality in your home.
Benefits of Filterless Humidifiers
Both filtered and filterless humidifiers are good when it comes to adding more moisture into the air. However, there may be some benefits to filterless humidifiers that trump those of the filtered ones. Here are some of them:
1. Easier maintenance.
Humidifiers with a built-in filter typically require replacement or regular cleaning. That is one more step you need to take when it comes to maintaining your humidifier. But with a filterless humidifier, you don’t need to do that. You can simply enjoy your humidifier.
2. Reduces costs of maintaining the humidifier.
With a filter, you will need to buy a replacement for it. Some come with permanent filters, but others may have to be replaced every time they are inundated with dirt. If you opt for one that doesn’t come with a filter, you don’t need to worry about buying a replacement filter anymore. Some humidifiers have costly filters and they can add up in the long run.
3. There is usually an antibacterial protection installed.
But what about keeping bacteria, molds and mildew out? That might be the concern of many people when it comes to filterless humidifiers. But the thing about most filterless humidifiers you can find out there is that they are equipped with features and materials that stave off the growth of bacteria and other microorganisms that can grow in the tank and in the internal features of the humidifier.
Of course, there are plenty of other features you can get from these humidifiers such as their efficacy in delivering clean mist, variable settings, large tank, and quiet operations. Many of them are also compact and have a design that makes it easier to fill up the tank with water.
Best Filterless Humidifier Reviews
Here are the filterless humidifiers we highly recommend getting:
- Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Tekjoy Cool Mist Humidifier Premium Ultrasonic Humidifiers
- Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier
Weigh down the pros and cons of these products below:
No need to clean a filter with this humidifier that comes with a 1.5-liter water tank. This is the perfect size for small to medium-sized rooms and even offices. With its large tank capacity, it can offer continuous mist for as long as 16 hours. Easily adjust it to high and low speed settings to achieve the comfort level you prefer. It also comes with a night light that you can turn off if you don’t want to use it and an automatic shut-off function that detects when water has reached a low level.
- This is powerful enough to humidify small to medium-sized rooms.
- It has a large tank capacity.
- It comes with an optional night light as well.
- Your purchase comes with a disk cleaning brush and a user manual.
- It is backed by a 2-year warranty – longer than standard humidifiers out there.
- The tank is easy to fill up with water.
- It has a 360-degree mist nozzle.
- This is a very affordable humidifier.
- There is an LED light at the bottom that can’t be turned off. Some customers are put off by it.
Say goodbye to a stuffy nose and itchy throat with this humidifier. With its capacity of 2.5 liters, it should be able to produce continuous mist for as long as 24 hours. It is more compact and portable compared to other humidifiers out there. It even features an Easy-Lifting Handle that makes transport of this unit a lot easier.
You can enjoy faster-humidifying prowess with its 360-degree spout and make sure you use with peace of mind, thanks to its automatic shut-off function. The smart timer function also gives you more option when it comes to how long you will use it.
- This has a nice and compact design that won’t take up a lot of space.
- The tank capacity is just right even when it comes to humidifying larger spaces.
- It features 360-degrees spout operation for effective moisture transport.
- It comes with 3 smart timer settings. You can set it to work for 4 hours, 8 hours and 12 hours.
- Mist can be set to low, medium and high settings.
- The LED lights come in 7 different colors.
- This unit works quietly. The touch panel is also quiet.
- One tank brush and 2 ultrasonic dish brushes are included in your purchase.
- A 5-year warranty backs your purchase up.
- Some said the handle can catch the steam, so it is important to remove it when not in use.
Make sure you enjoy comfortable air at home with this humidifier that has 6L of tank capacity and a mist output of 270ml/hour. With this, you can effectively humidify homes as big as 400 square feet easily and get a run time of as long as 50 continuous hours. It also boasts of ultrasonic technology that minimizes noise. An essential oil tray is incorporated where you will be able to add your favorite essential oils, thereby giving you a lot of opportunities to try different scents. Even without a filter, this is still capable of preventing bacteria and viruses from going airborne as it has been incorporated with a natural ionizer that is antibacterial, hypoallergenic and antimicrobial.
- This humidifier has a great design.
- The water tank capacity is large. It can produce mist continuously.
- It has hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- It comes with a blue nightlight.
- It works even in bigger rooms.
- Has a slim design that won’t take up too much counter space.
- You can use your essential oils.
- This features an auto shut-off function.
- Some said they had a hard time cleaning this.
Get this humidifier with you want something that doesn’t produce a lot of noise. It features Whisper-Quiet operations. From its ultrasonic functions that create noise that is just comparable to a computer to its dial knobs that are easy to turn, this is one of the quietest humidifiers out there. It has a nice mist output. With its 45 degrees tilted nozzle, it can effectively give off mist that won’t take long in humidifying a bigger space. Its tank capacity is 2 liters and can produce mist for as long as 10 hours.
- This is a good-sized humidifier that can be relied on for overnight use.
- The ultrasonic operations mean it won’t produce too much noise.
- The mist output has a wider coverage area, great for bigger rooms.
- You can get up to 10 hours of continuous run time with this humidifier.
- It features an automatic shut off function.
- Refilling should be a cinch.
- It doesn’t have a filter, but it makes use of antibacterial materials to inhibit the growth of harmful microorganisms.
- Compact and small, great for smaller spaces.
- Easy to set up.
- Some said the top doesn’t secure to the bottom quite well. If you are not careful, water could spill out.
Which One Should You Get?
Most Affordable Choice: Pure Enrichment MistAire Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. You don’t need to spend so much money on a good filterless humidifier. This alone should suffice in keeping a small to medium-sized room humidified. It has also been equipped with a lot of great features that you can find in other more expensive brands.
Compact Choice: Tekjoy Cool Mist Humidifier Premium Ultrasonic Humidifiers. Don’t have a lot of space? Get this one. It is compact and small but that doesn’t mean it functions that way as well. For its size, it is still capable of producing a lot of mist that is good enough in humidifying even a larger space. It is packed with a lot of great features as well.
Long Hours of Operation: Everlasting Comfort Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. If you don’t want to keep on refilling your humidifier, this one is the best option for you. It is convenient to use because it has a big tank capacity. It is also packed with many useful features.
Ideal for Smaller Rooms: VicTsing Cool Mist Humidifier. This works quietly, which means it won’t disrupt your sleep if you are using it in a smaller room. It also has good antibacterial properties, so even if it doesn’t have a filter, you can still use it safely. The price for this unit is also affordable.
Important Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Filterless Humidifier
There are so many filterless humidifiers out there that it can be confusing as to which one to choose. To make sure you are buying the right one, use the following factors as a guide:
Tank Capacity. The bigger the tank capacity, the better if you want a longer run time. You would want to make sure it is running continuously during the time you need it. Most people keep it on overnight to help improve their sleep, so make sure it has a capacity that will produce mist for at least 10 hours. However, if you are using it for your baby’s room where you might need to run it for a longer time, you might want something with a bigger water tank capacity.
Moisture Output. The moisture output will tell you how fast it will humidify a certain room. If it has a low moisture output, it might have a hard time humidifying a bigger space. If you plan on placing the humidifier in your living room, or office, for instance, where the space might be bigger, you need to make sure it has a high moisture output.
Variable Setting. It is more ideal to get a humidifier that comes with a variable mist setting. That will allow you to control how much mist it is going to dispense. If you are using it in a small room, a lower mist setting should be ideal. Aside from low, medium and high mist setting, a sleep setting might also be ideal.
Antibacterial Properties. Since it doesn’t come with a filter, it is a must to look for antibacterial features. It should have properties that inhibit the growth of bacteria and many other microorganisms.
Nozzle Functionality. Also consider finding a dual nozzle or one with 360-degrees functionality that will allow it to humidify a room faster. The nozzles should dispense mist in the air more effectively than your standard humidifier.
Ease of Use. You also need to make sure that it can be used without difficulties. The water tank should be emptied out and refilled easily. It should have features that make the tank easier to clean. There should be knobs or touch functions that won’t take a genius to figure out.
Size. Many humidifiers today are compact in size. But they do differ in shapes. Some come in elongated form while others might be fatter, thereby taking up more counter space. How compact the humidifier you are going to choose will depend on where you intend to place it. If you have a small space to begin with, something that takes up a smaller footprint would suffice.
Price. Compare the costs of the humidifiers. Make sure you look for one that has a good price range and will not cost a lot of money to acquire. The price should be justified by the features integrated into it.
What to Do Next?
Now that you you’ve gotten to know all our recommendations, you’re ready to pick the best filterless humidifier for you! If you’re not sure whether you want to go filterless after all, you can check out the best humidifier reviews anywhere for more ideas on the best humidifying products to get for your home.