Too much moisture and condensation in the air has a lot of negative effects. Because of the excess moisture, molds and mildew can grow. These microorganisms like living in damp environments. This can then lead to damage of property. The existence of molds is also harmful to the health. You can actually end up suffering from allergies or even from toxicity when exposed to these molds.
Since you can’t control the weather, one way to control the humidity levels in your home is through the help of a dehumidifier. It works in removing excess moisture in the air, so you are left with an ideal humidity level indoors that is more conducive for living.
A 95 pint dehumidifier is just the thing you need to keep bigger spaces comfortably. We checked out the various bigger-sized dehumidifiers out there to discover the ones offering the best features. We found those with superior features, durable materials and good energy-saving benefits. Stick around to learn more about our recommendations.
Why Should You Go for a 95 Pint Dehumidifier?
You probably already know that dehumidifiers come in different sizes. There are the portable ones that can be installed on a desk. They come in different capacities such as 30 pint, 40 pint and 70 point sizes to name a few.
The 95 pint dehumidifier is bigger than these dehumidifiers Since the capacity is bigger, you can place this kind of dehumidifier in a bigger space such as a basement or a garage. It can even double as a whole house dehumidifier because of its bigger capacity.
It has the ability to dehumidify up to 6,000 square feet of spaces, something that smaller-sized dehumidifiers can’t do. If the humidity issues in your house span the entire house or you have a big basement that often gets damp in the summer, you definitely need to get something as capable as this one.
Since it has a bigger capacity, it is more capable of drawing more moisture in the air and directing them to its water tank where the condensation and moisture collects. With a bigger tank capacity, it lessens the need to remove the contents of the tank more often than necessary.
These dehumidifiers also have a more powerful motor. That means they are more capable of drawing more moisture from the air and expelling them out. Many are even equipped with a compressor and a pump. You can connect the hose to the dehumidifier and direct the hose to a drain, sink or outside the window for continuous removal of excess moisture. That way, you never have to worry about dumping out collected water ever again.
Best 95 Pint Dehumidifier
After thoroughly inspecting the various dehumidifiers sold today, here are the ones that emerged the finest:
- Ivation 95 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump
- Danby DDR095BDPWDB 95 Pint Dehumidifier
- Aprilaire 1850F Large Basement Pro 95 Pint Dehumidifier
- Whynter Elite D-Series Energy Star 95 Pint Portable Dehumidifier with Pump
Check out the features of these dehumidifiers:
1. Ivation 95 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump
Keep spaces with sizes of up to 6000 square foot devoid of excess moisture with this best-selling dehumidifier from Ivation. With its ability to collect 95 pints of moisture in just one day. This dehumidifier is your ally when it comes to keeping molds and mildew at bay. It improves the air quality in your home as it also effectively keeps dust and allergens away. Any space can be fresh-smelling with the help of this dehumidifier.
- First of all, this is a nice-looking unit. It has a nice and compact design that shouldn’t be too intrusive in any space. The water reservoir is located at the bottom. You just slide it out and then remove the tank to dispose of the collected water. It has a convenient design that allows for seamless usage of the unit.
- The 16-watt built-in water pump is quite powerful. Even when pumping water to an altitude of 16,4 feet, it is still effective and powerful. It drains water upwards, so you can direct your hose to a window, or a sink as need without propping the dehumidifier up on a platform.
- It is lightweight. With only 61 pounds of weight, you can install this dehumidifier in any spot you fancy even without the help of another person. It is also easier to transfer because of the casters included in it.
- It also has all the bells and whistles. The Smart system incorporates an LCD screen that will show you details such as the humidistat and help you control the unit such as change the fan speed and program the timer. It also shows when you need to change the filter or when the water reservoir is full.
- The air filter is washable. You can reuse it, so you don’t need to keep on buying an air filter for your dehumidifier.
- This unit also comes with an auto defrost function. This serves as an added protection in the winter.
- Despite being equipped with a compressor, this dehumidifier is comparatively quieter.
- Some said the instructional manual leaves something to be desired. It lacks the information that people need. There were also those who said this puts out more heat than their previous unit.
2. Danby DDR095BDPWDB 95 Pint Dehumidifier
With the capacity to remove 95 pints of moisture in just a day, this dehumidifier should help solve your excess moisture problem at home. It effectively covers 6,000 square feet of space. Never worry about getting a high water bill because this unit has a good energy star rating that allows you to run this all day without consuming too much energy.
- We like the small and compact design of this dehumidifier. Although it has enough power to draw up to 95 pints of moisture out of the air in one day, it comes in a relatively small package. The controls are located at the top, so you can easily access the buttons and program it.
- It can operate even in lower temperatures. It can work in temperatures as low as 41 degrees Fahrenheit. It also has a de-ice function, which will come handy in the winter.
- The two fan speed settings allow you to quickly freshen up your house if it starts smelling musty. This should keep your home fresh-smelling all the time.
- In case of a power outage, you don’t have to worry about restarting your dehumidifier. It automatically does it for you with its auto restart function.
- It allows you to maintain an ideal humidity level at home with its capable humidity sensor. It detects when you have already achieved the right humidity levels.
- A lot of customers can attest to how quietly it operates. They claimed it works more quietly than the ones they have used in the past.
- There were those who complained that it has a slow startup.
3. Aprilaire 1850F Large Basement Pro 95 Pint Dehumidifier
The industrial quality of this dehumidifier makes this ideal for both commercial and residential settings. It features corrosion-resistant materials that ensure this dehumidifier will last for a long time. It effectively takes away up to 95 pints of excess mister in one day, which can work in keeping your home protected from rotting and the appearance of musty odor and molds.
- This is a more compact dehumidifier that has durable materials. The industrial-grade and corrosion-resistant materials work in withstanding wear and tear.
- There is no water tank to empty out with this dehumidifier. It requires a hose to direct the collected water outside the home. You can basically set it up, plug it in and forget about it.
- The control panel is situated at the top of the machine. This makes it easier to control the unit.
- It is simple to maintain. You just need to replace the filter once a year and you are good to go.
- It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- This is quite an expensive unit.
4. Whynter Elite D-Series Energy Star 95 Pint Portable Dehumidifier with Pump
This energy star-rated unit effectively removes up to 95 pints of moisture in the air without using up too much energy. With its compact and modern design, it is a great fit for your modern day needs. It features sophisticated design and advanced functions that you won’t regret getting.
- This unit looks great. It blends in seamlessly in modern environments and home. It also has ergonomic and nifty controls that make this easier to operate.
- If you still need to dehumidify your home in the winter, no need to worry because this unit can work even in lower temperatures. It can work even when temperatures drop to as low as 40 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The humidity sensors are quite reliable. These should work when trying to achieve 35-85% of relative humidity.
- Incorporated with a lot of automatic features, you should have no issues running this conveniently. The auto restart function can be relied on during power outages, it also has an auto shutoff function, a dual fan speed setting and even an auto defrosting function.
- It operates quietly. With the ability to perform without producing too much noise, this should be a sterling choice for a home with a need for a quieter environment such as those with babies at home.
- It might not have a solid and durable internal build. Some had issues with its micro switch function. The wires inside can be quite flimsy and prone to damages.
Which One Should You Get?
Low Maintenance Dehumidifier: Ivation 95 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier with Pump. This dehumidifier is loaded with features that make it such a great choice for a bigger home. But one of the things that make this stand out is its low-maintenance properties. It is resistant to the formation of molds and does not require rigorous cleaning.
Efficient Features: Danby DDR095BDPWDB 95 Pint Dehumidifier. This one is a good dehumidifier to buy if you like something that has efficient features. It is an energy star-rated unit that won’t consume too much energy.
Resistant to Corrosion: Aprilaire 1850F Large Basement Pro 95 Pint Dehumidifier. If you have more room in your budget for a dehumidifier, get this unit. It is made from durable materials that can resist corrosion, so you can expect this to last for a long time.
Modern Choice: Whynter Elite D-Series Energy Star 95 Pint Portable Dehumidifier with Pump. Are you concerned about how the dehumidifier will fit in modern settings? Get this one. It has a modern look and modern functionality that will blend in seamlessly in these environments.
Tips in Buying a 95 Pint Dehumidifier
When it comes to purchasing a 95 pint dehumidifier, here are the buying tips you should keep in mind to make sure that you are getting the best one:
1. Check out how big space it can dehumidify.
Most 95 pint dehumidifiers are capable of dehumidifying 6,000 square footage of space. But some may offer you an even wider coverage. Compare the specifications and see which of the 95 pint dehumidifiers out there have a wider coverage.
2. It should be energy efficient.
Never buy without inspecting its energy efficiency. Is it energy star rated? Does it come with features that allow it to run efficiently such as timer settings? Most households will probably run their dehumidifier all day. That means it is going to take up a considerable chunk out of your utility budget, so make sure you pick a dehumidifier that has a good efficiency. That way, you won’t experience a major spike up in your energy consumption.
3. A built-in pump might come handy.
Not all dehumidifiers come with a built-in pump, but you might want to look for one with such features as this enables the machine to expel water through a hose. What it does is make sure the water drains effectively even when the hose is at an elevated position. If you are draining it through a window and the window is higher than where you placed the dehumidifier, a built-in pump will make sure the water will still drain out.
4. It should be easy to clean.
First, find out if the frame of the dehumidifier is made from durable materials that are resistant to the formation of molds and mildew. You don’t want the collected water to cause a molds formation. The water tank should be easy to remove without spilling water everywhere. It should be accessible and should have a mechanism that allows users to simply take it out.
5. A compact and portable dehumidifier might be a better option.
You would want the dehumidifier to be easy to move around, especially if you plan on using it on multiple rooms. Check the weight specifications as well. It shouldn’t be too heavy or else you will have a hard time carrying it around the house. Look for those with casters for portability.
Make sure you choose products that are truly right for your home. When it comes to dehumidifiers, we can help you choose the one that addresses your needs.