Excess moisture in the air can lead to the appearance of molds and mildew. Molds like to take up residence in environments that are damp such as the bathroom, attic and basement. If you walk in your basement and you always smell a musty odor and see molds spots growing on corners or the ceiling, consider getting your home a dehumidifier to solve this problem.
A dehumidifier is a device that sucks excess moisture from the air. That excess moisture is stored in its tank in the form of water. Dehumidifiers today come in different sizes. You can find the smaller and more compact 30-pint dehumidifier, the slightly bigger 50-pint and the biggest choice, the 70-pint dehumidifier.
We looked for the best 70-pint dehumidifiers out in the market today and found those that exceeded expectations when it comes to energy savings, quiet functions durability and performance. Find out which products we deem are the best ones.
50 Pint versus 70 Pint Dehumidifiers – Which Is the Best Choice?
Both the 50-pint and the 70-pint dehumidifiers work better in slightly bigger spaces. But which of these should you truly go for?
It is interesting to note that there isn’t really that much of a difference when it comes to the noise level of a 50-pint dehumidifier to that of a 70-pint dehumidifier. Some may assume that because the 50-pint dehumidifier is smaller, it produces less noise. But one can argue that because a 70-pint dehumidifier is more powerful, you might need only to use its lowest fan speed setting to achieve desired results. When the lowest settings are used, it might not produce as much noise as a 50-pint dehumidifier cranked up to its highest setting.
A 70-pint dehumidifier can still be an ideal choice, especially since there are manufacturers who have integrated whisper-soft operations on their units. But you would want to compare dB levels to learn if what you are getting is noisy or not.
While it is true that larger dehumidifiers tend to consume more energy, they do have more energy efficiency if you compare the amount of moisture they extract from the air. It is more capable of removing excess moisture in the air at a shorter period of time, thereby allowing it to run more efficiently. This is why if you have a bigger space to dehumidify, it makes more sense to invest in a 70-pint dehumidifier compared to one that has a smaller capacity.
Because a 70-pint dehumidifier is more likely to work better and faster in creating a more conducive indoor air quality compared to a 50-pint dehumidifier, you might not need to run it as long as a 50-pint dehumidifier. And because of that, it doesn’t need to operate all the time, reducing wear and tear on its parts. This can make the 70-pint dehumidifier last longer.
Best 70 Pint Dehumidifier Reviews for 2019
Here are the best 70-pint dehumidifiers you should get:
- Vremi 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
- hOmeLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier
- Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control
- Keystone KSTAD70C Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
Let’s take a look at the features of these products:
1. Vremi 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
This portable dehumidifier features 6 liters of water tank capacity that should be enough to accommodate the dehumidifying needs of a bigger space like a basement or a bedroom. It can remove as much as 9 gallons of excess water from the air. With a nice and sleek design, you should have no issues integrating this in any space. You can also control the humidity levels by simply turning off its continuous mode. It is also light in weight and has casters – features that make this unit easy to move around.
- This does what it is supposed to do, which is get rid of moisture from the air. It has a powerful system that truly works in getting rid of excess moisture.
- It boasts of quiet operations. You won’t have trouble with noise all day just like with the other dehumidifiers.
- It has safety features like an automatic shutoff feature. There is also an indicator for a full tank.
- This offers good energy efficiency.
- The tank is easy to insert and remove as needed.
- It works in bigger spaces like attics and basements
- The Ultra quiet Peltier technology ensures that it will run without disrupting the household.
- Some said it doesn’t work as fast as they prefer but it does get the job done.
2. hOmeLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier
This energy-star rated appliance will work all day to keep excess moisture out of the air but without taking a toll on your energy usage. With its capacity, it can work in bigger spaces – up to 4000 square feet, which makes this an ideal choice for dehumidifying basements, bedrooms, living rooms and many more areas. Choose from 6 different settings to get your most ideal set-up. It also has a 24-hour timer function that ensures it will run as intended.
- This product is great to look at. It has a nice design that blends in well with modern home designs.
- It is a low-maintenance kind of product. You need only to wash the filter once a month and wipe the water tank once every 2 weeks.
- The touch panel controls are easy to use.
- It comes with all the features you need for convenience such as defrost function, automatic restart, automatic shut off feature and turbo mode.
- Customers said it is easy to remove the water tray and return it.
- It runs quietly. You wouldn’t even notice it working.
- It is backed by a warranty and good customer service.
- Some had issues with the auto defrost function.
3. Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control
Keep your home protected against molds and mildew with this product that can remove up to 70-pints of moisture from the air in one day. And with a noise level of 51 dB, it shouldn’t be too disrupting when you use it indoors. It boasts of energy star certification. It won’t excessively consume electricity. It also has a nice design that should be pretty to look at even when not hidden.
- It has easy-to-use electronic controls. With just a touch of a button, you can get the settings you want. There is also a digital humidity readout.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- There is a pull-out handle to make this easier to carry should you decide to transfer it to another location.
- The water tank is easy to remove.
- Many customers like how quietly it operates.
- It is a cinch to set up. You can also install a gravity drain, so there is no need to empty out the tray anymore.
- Can be too expensive.
4. Keystone KSTAD70C Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier
If space is a problem, get this. It doesn’t take up a lot of space but can accommodate the dehumidifying needs of up to 4500 square feet of spaces. It also comes with electronic controls that are easy to use and an LED display that shows you everything you need to know about your dehumidifier.
- It is well-designed.
- This has a 24-hour timer. You can keep it running all day.
- The water level indicator is transparent, so it is easier to gauge if it is almost full although it also comes with a full bucket alert feature.
- It has a dust filter that is easy to remove. This machine also has an alert that tells you when it is time to clean the filter.
- It has an automatic restart function. In case of power outages, you don’t need to manually restart it.
- Many people are satisfied with how quietly it works.
- It runs without any issues.
- Some said they had issues with the gravity drain not consistently flowing out water.
More Affordable Choice: Vremi 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier. Get this one if you are looking for a dehumidifier with a 70-pint capacity that is not as expensive as the others. Even though this one is less expensive, it is not lacking in the features that are found in its more expensive counterparts.
Reliable Customer Service: hOmeLabs 70 Pint Dehumidifier. It’s nice to buy from a company that can back it up with quality service. In case you got a lemon, they can address the problem right away. That is what this product offers. It gives you more peace of mind knowing that you can rely on the manufacturer to address concerns.
Effectively Removes Moisture: Frigidaire 70 Pint Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control. Not all the 70-pint dehumidifiers out there has enough power to truly get rid of condensation and moisture in the air but this one, according to users, does the job quite well.
Reliable Functions: Keystone KSTAD70C Energy Star 70 Pint Portable Dehumidifier. This dehumidifier gets the job done consistently. You will like how quietly it operates but best of all, all its features deliver good results.
Factors to Consider When Buying a 70 Pint Dehumidifier
At the end of the day, the best 70-pint dehumidifier is still the one that provides the features that work with your specific needs. Here are a few factors to consider when scrutinizing your options:
Always look for those with good safety features such as a frost sensor, that will be able to detect if it is too cold. There are also those dehumidifiers equipped with a defrosting function. In case the coils inside freeze up during cold days, you can use this function to defrost it and keep it running.
An automatic shut off or restart feature would also come handy. Many dehumidifiers also come with a water level indicator. It can also emit a signal if the water reservoir is near full capacity. Compare the safety features that come with the products, so you can identify the best ones.
Also get those with a long cord, so you don’t need to use an extension cord just to connect it to an outlet. This can be an added safety feature that will prevent the machine from operating improperly.
Not all of the dehumidifiers out there come with a warranty. Some might only come with a limited warranty. Check to see if it includes a warranty and for how long it will cover your purchase.
Ease of Use
Find out where the controls are located. Most dehumidifiers are easy to use. They usually come with push button controls and LED displays that are not difficult to understand.
Check the water tank as well. Make sure the tank can be easily accessed, so you can remove it quickly when you need to empty it out. In some cases, the tank is easy to remove but can be difficult to put back, so make sure it offers ergonomic functions that make the tank easier to remove and put back.
Some dehumidifiers also have a clean filter indicator. In case the filters need to be cleaned, the machine will let you know. This way, you never have to guess. You always know when the filters will have to be cleaned.
Since it is a fairly big appliance and it will most likely occupy a considerable space in the room, make sure it has a nice design that will work seamlessly in your space. Choose those with a color that works cohesively with your home’s colors. Look for a design that matches with your other appliances as well. Also choose those that come with casters, so they are easier to move around. Some of these products also come with built-in handles that you can use to make carrying them easier.
Have you decided which of these 70-pint dehumidifiers to get? Do check out our homepage for more recommendations on the best dehumidifying products to buy for your home.